This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1st September 2019 – 31 August 2020
The statement sets down Suite Hub’s commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
This statement covers the business activities of Suite Hub Limited which are as follows:
Suite Hub limited is a serviced accommodation booking agency, providing a simple booking service and a cloud-based booking management platform for serviced accommodation owned or directly operated by over 1000 suppliers globally. Suite Hub is an independent and privately-owned limited company that only works directly with property owners, operators and managers which results in short, transparent, low risk and highly accountable supply chain.
The Company currently operates in the following countries as detailed on its website https://www.suitehub.com/serviced-apartments
Responsibility for the Company’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies: the HR Manager is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are developed is by looking at the best practice and adapting to the needs of the Company.
- Risk assessments: the HR Manager is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern slavery.
- Due diligence: the HR Department is responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
To ensure a good understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains, the Company requires all staff to complete an online training course.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations
- Whistleblowing policy. the Company encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
- Company Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets down the actions and behaviour expected of employees when representing the Company.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy. The Company’s CSR policy summarises how we manage our environmental impacts and how we work responsibly with suppliers and local communities.
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers. The Company’s due diligence process includes building long-standing relationships with suppliers and making clear our expectations of business partners and evaluating the modern slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier and invoking sanctions against suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan provided by us, including the termination of the business relationship.
The Company uses the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we are in ensuring slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains including requiring all relevant staff to have completed training on modern slavery.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Managing Director endorses this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.